Winter Park & COVID-19: What to Know
Last Updated: May 15, 2020
The Town of Winter Park is working closely with Grand County Emergency Operations, Grand County Public Health and other local partners to closely monitor the situation and any developments. While this page will be updated regularly, you can find the most up-to-date information on the response in Grand County at Grand County’s Alert Center and Public Health Department. You can also call Grand County’s resident hotline for COVID-19 response at 970-725-3803. For a recorded message in English and Spanish regarding COVID-19, please call 970-725-3755.
As COVID-19 spreads in Grand County, at-risk individuals should stay home as much as possible to avoid contact with other people. They should enlist friends or family members who are at lower risk to bring food and other supplies to the house.
At-risk individuals who do not have locally based, low-risk friends or family should contact Grand County Human Services at 970-725-3331 for assistance with critical supplies like food and medication.
Town Hall, in following guidance from Grand County, is currently closed to the public. All Town operations are still open and can be reached via phone or e-mail. If you have an urgent need to conduct business in-person call ahead and please schedule an appointment in order to limit social contact.
Based on the guidance we have received from officials, and the precautions we are taking, we feel assured in our preparedness.
Colorado state and local public health agencies are working to limit and slow potential spread of this disease, and all Coloradans can help. We advise you to stay informed with reliable sources of information and take everyday actions to protect yourself.
Please note that the Novel Coronavirus pandemic is a rapidly evolving situation, and all public health guidance is subject to change. If you have general questions about COVID-19 call CO HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911, for answers in many languages. Or send an email to [email protected] for answers in English.
UPDATES & CLOSURES
May 15, 2020
- Town Hall will reopen to the public with safety measures in place on Monday, May 18th. Like we have done throughout COVID-19 related closures, residents can access town services without coming in-person to Town Hall by calling or emailing Town staff. We will continue to provide those options to all residents, including those in higher-risk health categories. As some town staff will continue to work remotely, you may wish to still consider calling and making an appointment prior to coming in-person to Town Hall.
- To protect our staff members and residents we are implementing several safety measures for visitors to Town Hall including asking the public to wear masks. See all of the safety measures HERE.
- While the Town Council has been invited back to be physically present at Town Hall for Council meetings, we will continue to offer the meetings digitally to the public in order to limit the total size of the gatherings. We look forward to reopening the meetings to the public when it is safe to do so.
- Grand County has submitted a variance request to the state requesting permission to safely reopen restaurants and short-term lodging. We look forward to helping our community businesses reopen as soon as possible and with appropriate safety precautions in place. We hope to be able to provide an update on the status of the variance request next week.
- At next Tuesday’s council meeting, Council will consider an emergency ordinance to allow local restaurants to temporarily expand their outdoor seating areas. Restaurants will need to apply to the state liquor enforcement division to serve alcohol in the expanded outdoor service area. The application is available HERE. For more information contact our Town Clerk, Dani Jardee at [email protected]
- Even though safety guidelines will prevent summer concerts, we are working with the Chamber of Commerce to have a summer event plan that will provide a variety of enjoyable ways to venture out to Winter Park this summer. Look for more information coming soon.